Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 03:45:53 -0600, Dale wrote:
>
>> I decided to do a fresh install on the larger drive.  I sort of like to
>> brush up every once in a while.  I got to the point where I want to do a
>> emerge -e system then copy my world file over and finish it up.  It
>> appears that the stage3 tarball is in a state where not much can be
>> upgraded.  Every time I try to update something, I get a list of blocks,
>> either packages or USE flags.
>
> I've seen that if you switch to ~arch and make wholesale USE flag
> changes. I think I avoided most of it by switching arch, doing emerge -e
> system or world and then changing USE flags.

I even tried USE="-*" emerge -e system and it just griped.  I have also
tried to upgrade one package at a time.  Each one complains about some
other package.

I'll try again another time.  I'm ready to hang portage right now.  lol

Dale

:-)  :-)

how you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output?  Hint: