Hi,
   I'm trying to figure out how my Asus laptop maps function key
events. This is being driven by an emerge message telling me that the
acpi4asus package is being obsoleted and removed in 30 days and
replaced by an in-kernel driver. I've removed the package and rebuilt
my kernels to use this driver, and for vanilla-sources-3.2.7 the
results are similar as with the acpi4asus package.

   However, for vanilla-sources-3.2.9 the only key that is doing
anything seems to be Fn-F1 which says 'button/sleep' (using
acpi_listen) but actually just turns on the screen saver as best I can
tell.

   Note that even with 3.2.7 most keys don't actually work, but at
least they all produce acpi_listen events. The only ones that do work
in 3.2.7 and earlier are:

Fn-F1 - screen saver
Fn-F5 - turns off screen but doesn't seem to generate an ACPI event in
acpi_listen (may be hardware mapped)
Fn-F11 - turn volume down
Fn-F12 - turn volume up

I haven't tested the external monitor one.

   The ones I really want to figure out are Fn-F3 & F4 as they turn
the keyboard lighting up and down. With 3.2.7 I had lighting, but with
3.2.9 I have no keyboard lighting at all so it will have hard to use
in the dark.

   Before I call this a 3.2.9 regression I figured I should determine
if I'm supposed to configure this stuff by hand, or maybe load some
new machine specific package that sets up the mappings.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

vanilla-sources-3.2.9

slinky events # acpi_listen