On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 03:20:48PM +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote
> Hi, Gentoo.
>
> As I've said a few times in the current threads, the only thing
> preventing me from moving fully onto mdev is not having a working
> keyboard and mouse (evdev??) under X.
>
> Has anybody else tried this, and if so, what results have you had?

  I begin my USE variable with "-*" and add only the necessary stuff.
If you want to run X without udev, then compile xorg-server with
"USE=-udev".  I don't have evdev installed at all.  I've run X without
an xorg.conf.  The only reason I have an xorg.conf now is to allow
xrandr to force a weird 1536x864 video mode on my 1920x1080 monitor when
watching one specific website.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>