On 18/03/12 06:15, Colleen Beamer wrote:
However, activitymanager can't be reinstalled because there isn't an
upgrade to 4.8.1.  Since I went about things the way I did, I can't get
this package installed because everything else is upgraded to 4.8.1 and
activitymanager's latest version is 4.7.4.

I've done revdep-rebuild and everything is fine there.  Can I function
without this package until I can get it upgraded to the same level as
everything else on my system?

Is there something that pulls activitymanager as a dependency? Why do you want to install it? Does portage try to install it automatically? If not, you don't need it. If yes, use the -t option of emerge to see which package is trying to pull it.