Mick wrote:

>>> They're all in the file, if that's what you mean.
>>
>> No, he means that your user is a member of the above groups.
>>
>> In my laptop (no analogue modem available) my user is only a member of
>> uucp.

>>> lumby syzygy # ls -al /dev/ttyUSB0
>>> crw-rw---- 1 root uucp 188, 0 Mar 20 16:25 /dev/ttyUSB0
>>> lumby syzygy #
>>
>> You also need to be a member of the usb group.
>
> I forgot - also need to be a member of plugdev I believe.

Good points.  I remember running into this and I'm pretty sure I had to
add myself to the uucp group.  That was only after I beat my head
against the wall for a few hours with the other groups tho.  Remembering
to logout and back in is what really drove me nuts.  I didn't know that
at first.

I would suggest using Kppp if you can, at least until you get it
working.  There is a way to turn on logging in there that can help give
hints.

Thanks Mick for pointing out what I missed.

Dale

:-)  :-)

how you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output?  Hint: