I recently emerged gcompris to see if my Kindergarten son could
benefit from some decent Linux apps, but I cannot get it to work.  I
saw no complaints during the emerge, such as configure errors, but it
just goes nowhere.  When run I get this:

** Message: gcompris_set_locale ''

** (gcompris:27603): WARNING **: Requested locale '' got 'C'
Opened audio at 44100 Hz 16 bit stereo, 2048 bytes audio buffer
Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)

I really don't know what this means, and a google search returned
nothing relevant.  Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.

Patrick