On Tue, 03 Apr 2012 10:59:22 +0200, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:

> > Yes. What has happened is that the ID data has been moved out of
> > pciutils and usbutils, so hwids blocks the older versions. If you
> > want to stick with the older udev, you need the older pciutils and
> > this means you need a matching version of usbutils. All this will
> > disappear when you unmask udev, as it did for me yesterday.
>
> It didn't for me.

Now I think about it, I'd already forced the update to the latest
pciutils, then hit the reverse problem, udev wanting to downgrade. That's
what fixed itself when I unmasked udev-18*.

--
Neil Bothwick

How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a
whole box to start a campfire?