hello list,

on my ~amd64 system, digikam (2.5.0) now fails to start with:

digikam: error while loading shared libraries: libblas.so.0: cannot open

searching for libblas, i found these two orphaned files, not belonging to
any installed package:

/usr/lib64/libblas.a
/usr/lib64/libblas.so
(no libblas.so.0)

libblas.so is a dead link to a non-existent blas/reference/libblas.so
the same with libblas.a

i have sci-libs/blas-reference and virtual/blas installed, but i really
don't understand how they work.

i googled for this problem, and searched bugs.gentoo.org also, but i
couldn't find anything that could help me understand and solve the
problem. now i can't rebuild digikam-2.5.0 that i have installed, and
older versions fail also.

any ideas?

TIA,

lj