On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 16:28:08 +0200, Jarry wrote:

> > It's called the "maildir" mail storage format. I find it very useful,
>
> Personally I do not see any advantage of it over /var/spool/mail.
> On the other side, separate partitions for /var (with mail) and /home
> (with user files) let me define different quotas for mail and files.
> Well, at least I thought it, until I found out that mail is actually
> in /home too...

You can have maildir and still keep your mail in /var/spool/mail. In this
case, each user has a directory in /var/spool/mail.

Are you using procmail for delivery? If so, you need

MAILDIR=/var/spool/mail
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/$LOGNAME/

at the top of /etc/procmailrc

--
Neil Bothwick

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day;
Teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.