ectrons!
On Thursday 05 April 2012 00.36:33 Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 18:58:38 +0200, Dan Johansson wrote:
>
> > I have a similar thing on my ~x86, but the difference is that I know
> > why I get it. I have successfully be able to create an initramfs that
> > does a vgscan, vgchange -a y and mounts /usr (which is on LVM). But now
> > I (naturally) I get "LVM failed to start" (and of cause "failed to
> > mount /usr) when openrc processes the init-scripts.
>
> This is not down to your initramfs, see the previously linked bug.

What do you mean by "This is not down to your initramfs"?
With the new "C:\" concept of udev /usr needs to be mounted before /sbin/init
is run and as I am using LVM, LVM needs to be started before /sbin/init as well
- or have I missed something here?

--
Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>
This message is printed on 100% recycled el