On 11.04.2012 01:14, siefke_lis...@web.de wrote:

> i have Vserver from Strato. I want installed Gentoo, because i like Gentoo.
> I have found two Howtos, but what i not really understand, what is with the
> Kernel and Grub, i can nothing read there. Or understand i something wrong?

Be aware that you are then using Gentoo on a shared server and that you
will have great impact on the performance of the other users on the host
if your are not careful.

I was once contacted from strato because of the high load I put on the
server but then I changed /var/tmp/portage to tmpfs and added

PORTAGE_NICENESS="19"
PORTAGE_IONICE_COMMAND="ionice -c 3 -p \${PID}"

to make.conf and after everyone was happy.

Greetings

Sebastian