On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 05:28:12PM -0500, Penguin Lover »Q« squawked:
> That's true.  There used to be a places.sqlite-journal file as well,
> which should be deleted from the profile a places.sqlite file is being
> copied to, but I don't see it any more in either Firefox or SeaMonkey.

While I don't know if this is *supposed* to be the right way, what
I've done recently when I installed a new computer was just to copy
the latest entry in

  ~/.mozilla/firefox/*.default/bookmarkbackups/

to the corresponding location in the new computer, and on the new
install use bookmark manager to restore to a previous back up.

         et vice versa   ~~~  I. Newton