Am 23.04.2012 04:12, schrieb Pandu Poluan:

> On Apr 23, 2012 1:09 AM, "Volker Armin Hemmann"
> <volkerar...@googlemail.com <mailto:volkerar...@googlemail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Am Sonntag, 22. April 2012, 19:52:16 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
>> > Just browsed the changelog of glibc-2.15:
>> >
>> > http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2012-03/msg00836.html
>> >
>> > When I read the NEWS section there with all that "optimized" stuff I
>> > wonder if it makes any sense to rebuild packages here after
> upgrading glibc?
>> >

>> no, because it is a library. You make use of it anyway.
>>

> What about statically linked packages?
>
> Rgds,

Are there actually packages out there that do this? Maybe busybox with
USE="static"?

BTW: Another reason for rebuilding (not in this case, but just to be
complete) can be updates in template libraries like dev-libs/boost. Of
course, this cannot happen for things written in plain C, unless we
consider sys-kernel/linux-headers and friends, for example.

Regards,
Florian Philipp