Am Sun, 29 Apr 2012 00:20:41 +0200
schrieb Florian Philipp <li...@binarywings.net>:

> Hi list!

Hi,

> Now that eselect-sh has been stabilized, I'm wondering if anyone has
> tried setting dash as the /bin/sh symlink. Any experiences?

I've been using dash as my /bin/sh for a while now. I've had it installed since
June 2009, I suppose I've had the symlink set for the same length of time.

Pretty much all incompatibilities I encountered are fixed now, stuff like
openrc introducing bashisms (what fun! I never used the debug option of an init
script before or since), or the Audacity build system having #!/bin/sh but
using bashisms. I seem to recall that I have one package installed that has this
problem and requires changing the symlink temporarily, but I don't remember
which. It might have been fixed by now, though.

Also, the old mysql-init-scripts-1.2 package requires bash, in case that matters
to you.

So I don't think you should expect any problems (save for the rare exception),
and for me there was a noticeable speedup with the init system (also reported
by Flameeyes in his blog).

> Thanks in advance!
> Florian Philipp

HTH