On Mon, 21 May 2012 20:52:01 -0700, Chris Stankevitz wrote:

> Question: Is is true that the RUBY dependencies listed in the above
> paste link are entirely due to adding documentation support
> (specifically rdoc)?  If so, can I tell portage to not install the rdoc
> stuff?  I have USE=-doc already.

Yes, this is true. We do this because normally ruby contains a copy of
rdoc. We unbundle that and thus the external rdoc implementation is
installed. You can control this with the rdoc USE flag on dev-lang/ruby,
but note that not installing rdoc is probably considered broken by
upstream.

Kind regards,

Hans