On 18/06/12 00:33, Michael Mol wrote:
On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Nikos Chantziaras <rea...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 17/06/12 22:36, Walter Dnes wrote:

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 11:52:48AM -0500, Canek Pel??ez Vald??s wrote

In my humble opinion, you should use whatever you actually like. You
don't like GNOME? Then don't use it; and if you used it before and
don't like the new version, either get involver to get it "fixed" (for
whatever defintion of "fixed" you want), fork it (although maybe you
should first try Unity, MATE, or Cinnamon before), or go to another
desktop.

   My attitude towards KDE and GNOME is "the pox on both their houses"; I
don't run desktops, I run applications.

It's just that most people prefer a unified look and feel, rather than each
application inventing the same things in a different and incompatible way.
  This is why DEs are so popular.

We had a unified look and feel...but nobody liked that particular Motif. ;)

That was a corporate Unix thing though, not desktop Linux. Good riddance :-P