Hi all,
I posted a message a few days ago regarding mapped drives not showing up in Dolphin and the Hibernate button disappearing. I hadn't got around to replying to peoples suggestions, don't you just hate work interfering with your enjoyment of life, and was feeling bad about it so decided to try some of the suggestions today and see what happened.

I did "sync" and "world", and hey presto, things are back to "normal". Looking at what was updated today, the only thing I can think of that could have caused the problem was polkit, as it also would crash at the start of each session, and doesn't now. A look through the forums suggests this may have been the problem. All is now good.

I can't reply to the original mail as I managed to delete it - dill. Anyway I zapped over to the gentoo site to see what I said, archives.gentoo.org, and to my surprise the gentoo-user list in not there in the master list. Looking at the format of the url I guessed the url to be

archive.gentoo.org/gentoo-user

I entered this and the list came up, but it's last entry is on the 7th of April. Is something stuffed up here? Has gentoo-user become "detached" from the archive? An up to date archive is under mail-archive.com.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, even if I never really needed them and if anyone on this list might know how to give the list archive a poke to be up to date it would be great,

        Andrew