On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 14:15:56 -0700
Mark Knecht <markkne...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/liveusb.xml
>
> Don't know if it works but like all things Gentoo I suspect it does...

That's the first thing that I tried, but it does not seem to involve
the Gentoo Live DVD.

For example, after following the procedure one comes to the point:

"Download the Gentoo Weekly Minimal Install CD for your architecture
from your local Gentoo Linux mirror ..."

Huh?  What happened to the Live DVD iso stuff?  It's not mentioned.

I ended up using Unetbootin from an MS Windows machine to copy the Gentoo
Live DVD iso to a USB thumb drive.  I'm just wondering if there is a CLI
procedure to copy same from Linux.

Frank Peters