Am 2012-07-04 19:04, schrieb Paul Hartman:
> On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger <li...@xunil.at> wrote:
>>
>> Strange issue on my thinkpad:
>>
>> When I run the opera browser the menu font is displayed as Comic Sans
>> (no, I am not working at CERN ;-) ) even when it is SET as Droid Sans
>> Mono in the settings.
>>
>> I double-checked the operaprefs.ini, I even rsynced over my .opera from
>> another machine where the same opera-release does not behave this way.
>>
>> Re-emerging the droid-fonts didn't fix it.
>>
>> What could be the reason? revdep-rebuild checked, yes.
>>
>> ~amd64, btw
>>
>> Should I compare the font-files ... ?
>>
>> Thanks, Stefan, scratching head ...
>
> Apparently Opera 12 contains a new Font Engine and there are many
> reports of people having font issues. Basic answers are try to disable
> hardware acceleration in Opera (it is disabled by default), use a
> different font/remove the misbehaving font from your system, or
> downgrade to Opera 11 until they improve the new version.
>
> None of that really explains why you have one system that works and
> one that doesn't, of course. I suggest you file a support request/bug
> report with Opera, since they are the only ones who can fix their
> program.

Thanks a lot, Paul, for this information.

I will consider filing a bug there, or at least browse their bugzilla
(or equivalent) ...

hw-accel should be off, I never enabled it afaik.

Checked both settings, hw-accel and webgl, both were ON! Disabled,
restarted opera, same ugly font ...

We will see how things work out ...

thanks once more, Stefan