Joseph writes:

> Are there better alternative to NX?

I don't know. The commercial original version from nomachine.org
(net-misc/nxserver-freeedition) was said to be somewhat faster than FreeNX
(net-misc/nxserver-freenx), not sure if this is still true, but as
FreeNX is dead, it's probably right. For up to two users, original NX is
free, you only need to pay for more users.

Then there's net-misc/neatx from Google, I don't know about this. The
successor of FreeNX is X2Go (net-misc/x2go{server,client}), but I did not
have any success with that yet. I didn't try much, though.

        Wonko