Hello,

I have an old firewall (3 ether ports) on a amd K6 166MHz
machine. It ran OpenBSD just fine, but, it's long overdue for
a upgrade. I was considering Gentoo, but, with only 128 meg
of ram, this old, tired machine might not be up to it.

Is there a solution using Gentoo? Maybe a binary installation,
specific for firewalls? I could use Debian(sarge) but
I'd rather use gentoo, or a gentoo derivative. I'm not
sure I'm ready to build everything on another machine
and transfer it over, but I could use distcc during
installation and to support maintenance compililations?

An easy path to a (gentoo)firewall from an installation CD
would be keen. A firewall is all the machine has to do.

Ideas and thoughts?

James