On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 8:09 AM, Nikos Chantziaras <rea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 15/07/12 16:14, 赵佳晖 wrote:
>> Hi.all . Just now i just change my locale so i can use the fcitx. But
>> after i reboot , the system's fonts display has problem.
>> and my locale:
>> LANG=en_US.UTF-8
>> LC_CTYPE=zh_CN.UTF-8
>> LC_NUMERIC=en_US.UTF-8
>> LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8
>> LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8
>> LC_MONETARY=en_US.UTF-8
>> LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
>> LC_PAPER=en_US.UTF-8
>> LC_NAME=en_US.UTF-8
>> LC_ADDRESS=en_US.UTF-8
>> LC_TELEPHONE=en_US.UTF-8
>> LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8
>> LC_IDENTIFICATION=en_US.UTF-8
>> LC_ALL=
>
> Do not set anything other than LANG and LC_COLLATE.  Then only set vars
> that differ from LANG.  Your /etc/env.d/02locale should look like this:
>
>   LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
>   LC_COLLATE="C"
>   LC_CTYPE=zh_CN.UTF-8
>
> Do *not* do this:
>
>   LC_ALL=
>
> Then run env-update and restart.

Just double checking here. Is the file /etc/locale.gen now totally
depreciated or is it still required? The install guide still has it in
chapter 8 where the file /etc/locale.gen ends up looking pretty much
identical to the 02locale file.

Or maybe they serve different purposes somehow?

I have one very small but consistent problem with fonts on most every
system I work with so I'm been wondering for awhile about whether this
is somehow part of it. (More likely is a missing font type in this
specific case.)

Thanks,
Mark