Hello!

On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 10:36:23 +0100
Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 12:30:38 +0300, v...@ukr.net wrote:
>
> >   After upgrading to sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-3.5.0 my mouse
> > stopped working in X-session.
>
> You haven't provided much information to go on so you're not going to
> get much more than guesses and "it works for me" responses.
>
> Have a look for errors, marked EE, in /var/log/Xorg.0.log.

  Yes, I did
      grep EE /var/log/Xorg.0.log
before posting. And there was no mention of a mouse.

> How did you compile your new kernel, from scratch or with make
> oldconfig? I suspect you may have missed something needed for evdev.

  I did 'make oldconfig' as usual.
> Did you update anything else at the same time?

  Yes, I upgraded several packages. Among relevant are:
    x11-base/xorg-server-1.12.99.902
    x11-drivers/xf86-input-evdev-2.7.1
    x11-drivers/xf86-input-synaptics-1.6.2
    x11-drivers/xf86-input-mouse-1.7.2
    x11-drivers/xf86-input-keyboard-1.6.1
    x11-drivers/xf86-input-evdev-2.7.1
    sys-fs/udev-186

I also removed the previously existing
'/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/25-mouse.conf' file and tried without it.
However it did not help.

  I have just booted my previous kernel-3.4.5, and the mouse works fine
with the very same set of X-related programs and settings.

-----
 <v...@ukr.net>