On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 11:24 AM, Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Aug 2012 19:53:46 +0200, Silvio Siefke wrote:
>
>> Yes thats was the question. Sorry for my english. Yes so i accept to
>> build all from source, but Libreoffice from source on a Atom need not
>> hours, need days.
>
> Only hours, but quite a lot of them. About 16 IIRC.

I was surprised the other evening when updating my wife's machine that
her Intel i7 needed around an hour to get that thing built from
source. It drove the fan speed up enough that I could hear the machine
working to get the job done. Think I need to open the box and clean
the CPU fan as I now suspect it's clogged with dust...

- Mark