On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 15:56 -0600, Joseph wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-08-27 at 08:34 +1200, Nick Rout wrote:
> >
> > Try this:
> >
> > on your desktop, which normally has a 10.0.0.x address, add a virtual
> > entry for eth0, in other words give it another IP address in the
> > subnet
> > needed by the other device:
> >
> > something like:
> >
> > ifconfig eth0:1 192.168.0.10 up
> >
> > and you should be able to communicate directly with the device.
> >

> Thanks Nick, this sounds interesting.
>
> To which file /etc/confg.d/net  ?

yes (actually /etc/conf.d/net - you made a typo- and see net.examples in
the same directory)

if you only need to do it once in order to change the config on the
device then there is no need to put it in the config file, just do it on
the command line as per my original message. If you want to do it on
every boot /etc/conf.d/net is the place.

--
Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>