The journal is generally located on the partition in question.  If the
partition is encrypted the journal should also be encrypted.  You can use
`tune2fs -l` to list the contents of the partition's superblock which will
have details on the partition such as journal location, etc...

--
Sincerely,

Steve Buzonas Jr.