120911 Walter Dnes wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 Chris Stankevitz asked how to automount a USB stick :
> A GUI is not necessary.  Every time a USB device is inserted or removed,
> an "event" is triggered by the kernel.  What's required is
> an "event handler" that reacts appropriately to those events.
> This is usually udev, but mdev will also work.
> See https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Mdev/Automount_USB

Why do people want to automount these sticks ?

I goto the root console which is always open on one of my desktops
& enter 'musb', which is a Bash alias for a 'mount' command;
when I've finished, I enter 'uusb' & wait for the prompt to come back,
which shows the stick has been successfully dismounted;
I can check its status via 'df' whenever I want.

I rarely want to use  > 1  stick at the same time,
but it wb easy to create several aliases for different dev-mnt pairs.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca