On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Timur Aydin <t...@taydin.org> wrote:
> On 09/11/12 19:08, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
>> Mmmh. You didn't set CONFIG_PM_STD_PARTITION:
>>

> I specified the partition on the kernel command line:
>
> ta@bonsai ~/uclinux_2011R1/db1/uclinux-dist $ cat /boot/grub/grub.conf
> timeout 30
> default 0
> splashimage=(hd0,0)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz
>
> title Gentoo
> root (hd0,0)
> kernel /vmlinuz root=/dev/sda3 resume=/dev/sda6
>
> title Gentoo.old
> root (hd0,0)
> kernel /vmlinuz.old root=/dev/sda3 resume=/dev/sda6

That is for resuming; not for actually hibernating.

>> CONFIG_PM_STD_PARTITION=""
>>
>> Set it to /dev/sda6, and see if it helps. Also, can we have a look at
>> yout /etc/fstab file?
>
> Here is /etc/fstab:

> <dump/pass>
>
> # NOTE: If your BOOT partition is ReiserFS, add the notail option to opts.
> /dev/sda1               /boot           ext2            noatime         1 2
> /dev/sda2               /home           ext3            noatime         0 2
> /dev/sda3               /               ext3            noatime         0 1
> /dev/sda5               none            swap            sw              0 0
> /dev/sda7               /backup         ext3            noatime         0 2
> /dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom      auto            noauto,ro       0 0
>
> I want to attach the ps ax output before and after hibernate, but I am
> concerned about filesystem corruption with all those kworker threads
> lurking around...

I hibernate my desktop all the time. I only have a swap partition, and
it's both set in CONFIG_PM_STD_PARTITION and in my /etc/fstab:

CONFIG_PM_STD_PARTITION="/dev/sdc1"

<dump/pass>
LABEL=Gentoo    /               ext4            noatime
0 1
LABEL=Home      /home           ext4            noatime,auto
0 2
LABEL=Swap      none            swap            sw
0 0
shm             /dev/shm        tmpfs           nodev,nosuid,noexec
0 0
tmpfs           /tmp            tmpfs           defaults,nosuid,size=100%
0 0

# swaplabel /dev/sdc1
LABEL: Swap
UUID:  28a9478e-8b53-4591-8fec-64512eeadf6c

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México