On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 15:59:44 -0700
fe...@crowfix.com wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 12:40:32AM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > Just bite the bullet, shut the machine down and do the install
> > properly
> > - you know you need to do it.
> >
> > I can't quite fathom why you think a laptop of all things must be on
> > 24/7. if that were true, it would be a server in your data center
> > surely?
> >
> > Are you real completely 100% certain that out of 168 hours a week
> > you can't spare 2 to get your tools in order?
>
> It's good you know so much about my job and work requirements, means I
> needn't waste more time educating on them.

No, in fact I know nothing about your job and work requirements other
than that your usage pattern as described is one I have never seen or
heard of before, anywhere.

Now if you go back and read my mail, you will see it consists of
questions, not statements.

I'm actually asking you to look at what you said and see if it's really
valid.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com