On 09/25/2012 02:42 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 2:24 PM, walt <w41...@gmail.com> wrote:
I just installed and booted with systemd and most services are working
normally, except syslog.service and remote-fs.service.  Both of those
failed  on bootup with a "No such file or directory" error.

I can't figure out how to make systemd tell me which files it can't
find.  Any ideas?

The syslog.service works as a place-holder for whatever syslog you
have installed (or not). So, if you have syslog-ng, you do

ln -s /usr/lib/systemd/system/syslog-ng.service
/etc/systemd/system/syslog.service

My problem is that I don't have syslog-ng.service in /usr/lib/systemd.
Neither systemd nor syslog-ng installed it.  Do I write it myself?
I do however have the remote-fs.service (systemd-191, out of the
oven), I don't know why it isn't installed in your case. Which version
are you using.

Same: 191.  I do have syslog.target and remote-fs.target installed, but
not the corresponding *.system files.  Maybe the useflags determine this?