On 27/09/12 10:10, Stefan Hübner wrote:
Everytime 'emerge --depclean' drops dev-lang/ekopath it is reinstalled
on the next world update.

I guess dev-lang/ekopath is pulled in by dev-lang/R in my case (I do not
USE fortran). ekopath provides virtual/fortran which in turn is required
by R.
[...]
So, my question is: why does 'emerge --depclean' suggest to drop it?

I don't know, but you should probably enable the "fortran" USE flag of GCC and don't use ekopath. The virtual also picks GCC first and only falls back to ekopath if you don't USE fortran on GCC.

I think this is a problem with portage, picking ekopath without telling the user anything.