> I think I must add a "OSX specified symbolic link".

Symlinks are only needed on the distcc client, not on the server running
distccd. But that is a trivial matter.

> Which tools / configuration must be set for cross-compiling OSX code on my
> Gentoo box?

You need to put together a complete OSX cross toolchain. This basically
means building cctools (osx's equivalent of binutils) and apple's
compiler from source. Then you have to do some additional plumbing on
both ends to get it all to work.

An overview of the process for 10.4:
http://myownlittleworld.com/miscellaneous/computers/darwin-cross-distcc.html

Do note that quite a lot of things have changed from back then, so those
instructions are probably not going to work.

andrea