On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 10:58:42 -0500
Dale wrote:

> David Relson wrote:
> > Good morning!
> >
> > I have a Rosewill 75 in 1 card reader with slots for USB, SATA, SD,
> > microSD, etc.  udev recognizes USB devices and mounts them
> > as /media/<whatever>.
> >
> > However, when SD and microSD cards are inserted, /var/log/messages
> > doesn't report anything and the cards aren't mounted.
> >
> > Any suggestions where to look? what to fix?
> >
> > I'm running kernel 3.2.11 on an AMD64 with udev-171.
> >
> > Here's a link to the card reader
> > http://rosewill.com/products/1610/ProductDetail_Overview.htm
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > David
> >

> Have you tried those cards on a different system to see if they work?
> If they do, then the reader may be bad.  May want to look for dust but
> if it is new, surely not.  ;-)  Packing peanut maybe?  o_O
>
> I have bought a couple thinks made by Rosewill.  Neither of them
> worked for long.  I sent one back for repair/replacement and got a
> new one with about the same problem.  I didn't send it back again
> because it wasn't worth shipping back again plus I was expecting it
> to work at least for a little while.  It lasted overnight  My new
> policy, don't buy Rosewill products.  They may work fine for someone
> else but they don't for me.
>
> Dale

Actually what I've got is a SanDisk 16GB microSD with an SD adapter.
Using my wife's windoze laptop, the SD/microSD combo works fine.

My initial use of the card is for Ubuntu linux for a MK802+ mini-pc.
The MK802+ boots Android off its internal storage or Ubuntu off of the
microSD.  So, yes, the card appears to work.

David