Hinnerk van Bruinehsen <h.v.bruinehsen <at> fu-berlin.de> writes:

> Ok - you're trying two different approaches at the same time. I'd
> recommend you to just use the printer-drivers overlay.

Yep know doubts, I looked at too many different wiki and other googled
resources. I could not find a simple here are the steps to installing
"printer" overlays, compiling them, making the config changes and
then testing via CUPS.

OK, I'll the print drivers  first.

> Normally layman should take care of the contents of
> /var/lib/layman/make.conf. Maybe it doesn#t work because you created
> an empty one. You could try to simply delete it and afterwards rerun
> layman -a printer-drivers. If that doesn't solve your problem,
> recreate the  file with the following content:

> PORTDIR_OVERLAY=" $PORTDIR_OVERLAY"

> Afterwards try layman -a printer-drivers again.

#layman -l
* printer-drivers           [Git       ]
(git://git.o.g.o/proj/printer-drivers.git           )
* zugaina                   [Rsync     ]
(rsync://gentoo.zugaina.org/zugaina-portage         )

OK it's installed. I would think emerging it is next?
But that does not seem to work with emerge?