Hello,

i've tried to use heartbeat (v 3.0.5). It starts, but a bit later it kills
himself.
I complains that it can not access /var/run/heartbeat/*.pid which is true. The
directory /var/run/heartbeat does not exist.
Also - as far as i can see /var/run is cleaned at start of a system. So any
manually created directory here at install time will get lost.

As workaround i placed in /etc/init.d/heartbeat the following code:

----------------- cut -----------------
  if ! [ -d /var/run/heartbeat ]
  then
    mkdir /var/run/heartbeat
  fi

With this change heartbeat starts without problems.

I don't know wheter this is the proper solution or the reason for this problem
is caused by an other source.

Before i place an item in bugzilla i would like to know if you think this
'hack' is the one to use.
Otherwise you could point mo to the proper solution of this issue.

regards
  Petric