On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 6:12 PM, Mark David Dumlao <madum...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Oct 25, 2012 8:45 PM, "Kfir Lavi" <lavi.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I have a laptop and an external monitor.
> > I would like to have both monitors showing different desktops.
> > My aim is to have IRC and Email client on one side, and my shell and
> programming stuff on the other side.
> > Currently I managed to do a big virtual workspace with XRANDR, but it
> stretches the browser and it is hard to setup correctly.
> > I'm a Fluxbox user, and didn't find a way to define that starching the
> window, will not stretch outside of the monitor I'm on.
>
> If I recall correctly, USE=xinerama informs X clients to take multiple
> monitors into account when maximising. I have it enabled globally but i
> not sure which packages really need it.
>
> > This is why I would like each monitor have it's own desktop.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kfir
> >
> > virtual dual monitors:
> > xrandr --output LVDS1 --primary --mode 1280x800 --pos 0x0 --auto
> --output VGA1 --mode 1920x1080 --pos 448x0 --primary

Hi,
Ok, some progress.
Compiling Fluxbox with xinerama use flag result few good things.
Dragging a window to one screen, maximizes it automatically to the size of
the screen.
Now if I toggle maximization, it will be done on the screen the window is
in.

So now I can work with 2 screens.

Is it possible to have each screen in different desktop?

Regards,
Kfir

The command I use:
xrandr --output LVDS1 --primary --mode 1280x800 --pos 0x0 --auto --output
VGA1 --mode 1920x1080 --pos 1280