walt wrote:
> On 11/09/2012 06:30 PM, Dale wrote:
>> Me, if I was going to switch, I'd use a second install or copy my
>> current install to another partition, just in case I can't get around
>> that curve.  ;-)
>
> Heh, you didn't think I started with my real machine, right?  I've
> spent the last week rebooting a VirtualBox install of gentoo every 10
> minutes or so :/  I'm planning to convert my fallback *real* machine
> tomorrow, and then maybe if everything goes okay I'll do this machine
> on Sunday.  (Sunday morning so I have all day to bail myself out.)

You sound like me.  I go into something expecting everything that can go
wrong to do just that.  If it breaks badly, I'm not to disappointed.
Exception to that, hal.  Let's not go there tho.  If it works like it
should then I am pleasantly surprised.  ROFL

I need to look into this VirtualBox thing.  It sounds sort of like a
chroot thing or something.  I got to startpage up a wiki or something.
o_O

I say startpage cause I no longer use super nosey google except for
email.  I plan to switch that one of these days.

I'm glad you got it going tho.  Why not post what pot holes you ran
into?  It seems some want to follow in your footsteps.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!