On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 5:33 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 21:32:41 +0800
> 微蔡 <micro...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
>> 在 2012年11月11日 星期日 07:22:41,Bruce Hill 写道:

>> obsolutly nonsense. what they remove , is the ability to build udev
>> seperately. udev can still be used without systemd.
>>

> Say Dude,
>
> I have a question (well, two actually)
>
> My name is Alan and I've been subscribed on this list for 7 years.
>
> What's your name, and how long have you been around?
>
> Just trying to establish your place in the pecking order in this here
> meritocracy.

Seniority != meritocracy. And I don't know how much "meritocratic"
this list could be, since it is a users lists. The most "merit" a
member of this list can get is to give technically acurate,
constructive, and polite help for those users asking for it.

IMO, the most active users of this lists usually fail in at least two
of those three, sometimes all of them. Unfortunately, I don't think I
have done better. I suscribed to this lists more than eight years ago;
I stopped asking for help here just a few months later. Which is
easily explained by people like you that believe that "being around"
longer somehow gives more "merit" and that there is a "pecking order".

I was under the impression that, being all of us Gentoo users, we were
equals, although some of us know less about some things and some
others know more about some other things. Hence the smart, mature, and
polite exchange of ideas. I didn't know this was a pissing contest.

This is a technical help list, related to the Gentoo Linux
distribution. Please, don't try to "pull rank" in here; you just look
bad, and at least I would laugh at the futility of it. Even more
considering I've been around longer:

http://www.mail-archive.com/gentoo-user@gentoo.org/msg35368.html

Mmmh. Maybe I've been around even longer than 8 years. But, who the fuck cares?

It's completely relevant.

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés