On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 19:06:37 -0600
Bruce Hill <da...@happypenguincomputers.com> wrote:

> Other than your use of profanity, that post was worth making a sticky.
>
> Over the last 9 years I've subscribed/unsubscribed to a good number
> of lists. The first such abuse of others was A.O.L.S. -- yes, you
> just look bad, real bad.
>
> There is one LUG to which I'm subscribed, which is still good for
> support and edification of others. Since I (re)joined this list on
> Oct 21, it appears that only 3 messages have been of enough technical
> merit for saving.

FWIW, swearing here is rare. Usually it's understandable when it
happens.

Threads like this current one are also rare. Unfortunately of late they
usually involve Lennart, and that's understandable too:

In trying to solve a general problem, Lennart has a knack for breaking
Gentoo - this distro does not fit the general problems he works on.

Stick around, this list is worth the effort.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com