I'm trying to build a tiny Gentoo uclibc system.  I'm chrooted into this
stage:

http://mirrors.rit.edu/gentoo/experimental/arm/uclibc/

and I'm using:

ROOT=/tiny/ emerge baselayout uclibc bash udev coreutils util-linux shadow
kbd net-tools grep procps gzip sed findutils

It's working a lot better than I expected but I'm hoping you guys can help
me with a couple issues I can't figure out.

1)

I get the following error when I boot the tiny system unless I copy
libgcc_s.so.1 from the stage to /tiny/lib/libgcc_s.so.1:

sh: can't load library 'libgcc_s.so.1'

Is there a better way to fix this?

2)

When I try to start jackd from the tiny system I get:

jackd: symbol 'clock_nanosleep': can't resolve symbol
could not open driver .so '/usr/lib/jack/jack_dummy.so': (null)

The following files in both / and /tiny/ reference clock_nanosleep if I
open them in a text editor:

lib/librt.so.0
usr/lib/librt.a

I do have /usr/lib/jack/jack_dummy.so inside the tiny system.

Maybe this is relevant:

# ldconfig
ldconfig: You should remove `/lib' from `/etc/ld.so.conf'
ldconfig: You should remove `/usr/lib' from `/etc/ld.so.conf'
# cat /etc/ld.so.conf
# ld.so.conf autogenerated by env-update; make all changes to
# contents of /etc/env.d directory
/lib
/usr/lib
/usr/local/lib

I think Gentoo normally prevents problems like these, but they're coming up
since I'm setting this up in an unconventional way.

- Grant