Fernando Canizo wrote:

El 25/ago/2005 a las 20:57 -0300, Holly me decĂ­a:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] schreef:
Hi all,
        one thing i miss from my previous debian system was the long
description that one can acces with 'apt-cache show <package>'.

<snip>
The questions would be:
- why gentoo has decided that one line description is enough?
- it's possible to implement long descriptions? (i mean in the
 political decision to do so, i know is technically viable with some
 LONG_DESCRIPTION item in ebuilds)

Just saw this on the Wiki (Portage utilities not in Portage), and
thought it might be something for you:

tsportageview (forums) (sample-html-output) (download)

   * Show descriptions of packages in a given portage category(-ies).
It may use <longdescription> from metadata.xml files. The output can be
coloured text (requires color package) or html with links towards
package homepages.

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-350215-highlight-tsportageview.html

This is almost exactly what i'been looking for (well not so much
"looking" since i don't find it by myself ;)

Thank you for being on_topic.

To point is should this be included in emerge or not ?