Hi,

I have a problem with wlan without dhcpd. I have created the bug report below but didn't get any comments.
Perhaps, some here on this list has an idea how to debug the problem.

Here my bug report

sys-apps/openrc (0.11.8 and earlier) doesn't play well with
wlan without dhcp, i.e.

This does work just fine :
modules="wpa_supplicant"
wpa_supplicant_wlan0="-Dwext -iwlan0"
config_wlan0="dhcp"

but when I try to assign fixed IPs (for a small fixed net) like

modules="wpa_supplicant"
wpa_supplicant_wlan0="-Dwext -iwlan0"

config_wlan0="192.168.1.3 netmsk 255.255.255.0"
routes_wlan0="default via 192.168.1.1"
dns_servers_wlan0="192.168.1.1"
dns_domain_wlan0="skynet.be"

The default route gateway is NOT set. Even if I set it afterwards, e.g.
within /etc/local.d/local.start, it still doesn't "supply" net, as
xinetd won't start (scheduled for start when net is ready or similar)

Only if I supply
rc_provide="net"
in /etc/rc.conf

it becomes usable.