iptables has an "extensions" use flag which you may or may not need
depending on what the firestarter scripts do.

After installing modules, you need to run modules-update to get the
modules database sorted out.  This may fix the symbol error.  In some
cases, you need to reboot into the new kernel as the symbols in the
running kernel and new modules may be out of sync.

BillK