On 12/15/2012 02:08, Nuno J. Silva wrote:
On 2012-12-15, Chris Stankevitz wrote:

PS: I'm trying to find a way to prevent dhcpd from updating my ntp.conf

dhcpd? Don't you mean dchpcd (the c stands for *client*, dhcpd would be
the DHCP daemon granting leases to clients)?

If so, and if you don't mind using the same settings for all network
interfaces, have a look at /etc/dhcpcd.conf, which has an option "option
ntp_servers". I'd guess that disabling this would do what you want.

Actually, you can use /etc/conf.d/net to turn off receiving NTP configuration for just one interface, if you want. The `dhcp_IFACE` parameter takes several values, one of which is `nontp`, which will do exactly that. For example:

config_eth0="dhcp"
dhcp_eth0="nontp"

When you find the net.example file, you'll find that documented under GENERIC DHCP OPTIONS, about midway through the file.

Regards,

--
♫Dustin