On Saturday, December 22, 2012 11:07:55 AM Grant wrote:

> >> Actually I've never used groupware before and I'm hoping to figure out
> >> which of these packages is most highly recommended and then give it a
> >> try.  tine20 and egroupware have demos I'm experimenting with.
> >
> > Use the one you end up feeling most comfortable with and that provides you
> > with the functionality and usability that is important to you.
> >
> > I quite like the usual stuff (email, calendar, addressbook, todolist) and
> > extra stuff (projects, bug/feature/support/.... tracker, wiki,
> > knowledgebase, bookmarklist) that is in egroupware and the seamless way
> > in which all these are integrated together and where you can easily link
> > different items together.
> > (Can't link directly to an email, but you can add an email to the
> > "infolog"
> > which can then be linked and/or converted to a todo-item, project, .....)
> >
> > There are a few things I still want to experiment with, including
> > something I think will allow me to automatically create certain items
> > from emails. For instance, an email to " supp...@example.com " would be
> > either merged into an existing support-call or a new call created
> > depending on some filter.
> >
> > But that is something I'll play with over the next few months :)
> >
> > --
> > Joost
>
> Are you planning to tweak the software with its existing tools in
> order to make this happen, or code the new functionality?  Either way,
> please let us know how it goes.  That sort of automatic functionality
> would be great.  Can that sort of thing be done manually as of now?
>
> - Grant

If you have it installed, go to:
"Tracking System"
Then open the menu (arrow pointing right, located on the left)
Select "Site Configuration"
Then tabsheet "Mail Handling"

The following is what it says in the online help:
===
[Mail handling] tab: Here you can enable the option to check a mailbox for
incoming mails and handle those as ticket(replies).

<All options snipped>
===

I can specify IMAP and POP3 as mailserver to check.

There are also options, from what I quickly read, where it's possible to have
the tracker queue (which is like bugzilla) visible on an external website.

As I don't need that functionality, neither the email handling, I haven't
looked into that myself yet.
But the email handling is something that could be usefull for me in the
future.

--
Joost