On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 6:35 AM, Bruce Hill
<da...@happypenguincomputers.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 11:23:35AM -0800, fe...@crowfix.com wrote:
> <snip, whack, d200d, cough, spit>
>
> Puhleeeze don't put such long stuff in an email. Have you heard of
> attachments?
> pastebins?

Felix,
   Personally, after years reading LKML, I have no problem with
in-line text of _any_ length, especially on the initial post or when
you are asked to respond with detailed info. While I understand
Bruce's comment I don't think it represents a democratic picture of
what this list has been comfortable with over the years.

   That said, what I do have a BIG problem with is people responding
and not taking the time to edit the response down to a few lines that
make it clear about what their point is. Many responses to 1000 line
emails are 1001 lines - the responder adds a one-liner. That's a real
waste.

   It's a trade off. It's less likely that some of us will go read
pastebin stuff, and if we want to respond technically then that's
leaving us to copy/paste responses which I'm personally less likely to
do.

   Anyway, you pays your money, you takes your chance... ;-)

Cheers,
Mark