Did you try e with new config with e-17 release? Or you had some
previous configs and was replaced with release. Because there was some
config upgrade and old configs did not work and some was not replaced
correctly (mixer gadget).

And suspendig with E works ok? You use pm-suspend? Dont you have some
dbus problems? As the events are send through dbus I think, for me it
works even with running pm-suspend from console (E locks screen).

Robert.