On Sunday 06 January 2013 19:22:16 Mick wrote:
> WOW!  The fact that any KDEPIM devs consider this migration torture even
> remotely acceptable must be a clear sign of advanced insanity!  O_O
>
> Thank you very much for your detailed instructions.  It seems that kmail2
> requires the full KDE desktop running or it won't play well.  Perhaps
> that's  why my attempts to date were futile.
>
> With kmail-1.13.7 I am getting this error:
>
> Nepomuk Query Server not available
> kmail(3842)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
> search paths:  ("/usr/bin", "/usr/local/bin", "/usr/bin", "/bin",
> "/opt/bin",  "/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.5.4",
> "/opt/Citrix/ICAClient") "/usr/bin/akonadi_nepomuk_contact_feeder(3872)"
> Soprano: "Could not connect to server at
> /tmp/ksocket-michael/nepomuk-socket (No such file or directory)" [snip ...]
>
> Connecting to deprecated signal
> QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
> akonadi_maildispatcher_agent(3871)/libakonadi
> Akonadi::SpecialCollectionsRequestJob::slotResult: Failed
> SpecialCollectionsRequestJob::slotResult "Failed to fetch the resource
> collection."
>

> It seems that it is a matter of time before I am forced to use T'bird - or
> make the time to configure and learn how to use mutt.  :-(

The error is simply telling you that indexing is not active, try in

System Settings -> Desktop Search -> Nepomuk/Strigi Server Configuration ->
check "Enable  Nepomuk Semantic Desktop" and "Enable Email Indexer"

The crazy thing is that the migration won't work without this enabled, yet the
process isn't aborted if this mandatory part of it is absent/not running...

Cheers
 F. Talamona