On 2013-01-31, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:

>On Jan 31, 2013 5:38 PM, "Nuno Silva" <nunojsi...@ist.utl.pt> wrote:
>
>>> Also, I suppose that, if there were library incompatibilities, the
>>> package would never go stable, or would at least, like Yohan said, lead
>>> to a block/version dependency.
>
> Well, many times you can't really anticipate everything.
>
> I had my libreoffice-bin pdf import broken for two months because some
> shared library had got upgraded against which it wasn't linked.

I guess that sometimes this kind of issues may be harder to spot, or
require harder fixes (see for example the current state of LISP where
some packages require ASDF 2 but the stable one is ASDF 1, AFAIK the
stabilization of ASDF 2 is pending because some eclasses have to be
changed), but even then I'd suppose this is what the unstable arches are
for.

--
Nuno Silva (aka njsg)
http://njsg.sdf-eu.org/