Alan McKinnon wrote:
> I'm a cynical old fart who's seen it all (more than once) before si
> I'm inclined to reply with "yes, portage is getting smarter about
> breakages" and append to that "by fixing one problem - revdep-rebuild
> - and introducing a vast slew of new! shiny! improved! wonderful bugs
> that will make your life more miserable than revdep-rebuild ever
> could!" :-) Now you go and have yourself a nice day, y'hear?

Oh crap.  Now I see.  Oh boy.  This could be interesting, in a bad way.
Is this breakage going to be like the udev thread that meant systems
could not boot after the upgrade?  One of those that sneaks up and kicks
you in the back of the knees?

Back to my hole.  I may be there a while.  :/

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!